Friday, December 14, 2007

Holiday Party!

I've kept myself accountable for 3 days straight now...and yes, I'm damn proud of myself!

  • Water Consumed: 1 1.5L bottle and another 3 cups of water during meals.
  • Meditation: About 10 mins (I'm still having some trouble sitting still for this long)
  • One Happy Thing From Today: Today was the our company holiday party at Tamarine restaurant in Palo Alto, and it was fun to have an opportunity to spend time with co-workers outside of work and to meet their significant others. 
Company sponsored events are always nice--all food and drink is paid for! It's also another excuse to leave work a little bit early and to let loose after months of hard work. The holiday party was a well deserved break from hectic schedules with meeting after meeting while trying to squeeze in the actual work that comes from the meetings. 

I've identified a couple reasons why I like my job:
  • The people I get to work with are good, genuine individuals who enjoy their jobs.
  • I get paid to learn a skill that I am interested in.
There are times I get fed up with commuting and going through the daily grind, but I suppose if it were really that horrible I would have quit by now. Sure, sometimes the work is tough and frustrating, but having great co-workers really makes all the difference in job satisfaction. I might not be getting paid a ton, but the amount of  money I give up is a small price to pay to have co-workers I enjoy being around. 

No comments: